Army Cycling Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Army Cycling Union

Welcome to the Forum of the Army Cycling Union

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sean Childs handing over the reigns as the RN Road & TT Race Sec

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nil Point
Pte

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Sean Childs handing over the reigns as the RN Road & TT Race Sec Empty
PostSubject: Sean Childs handing over the reigns as the RN Road & TT Race Sec   Sean Childs handing over the reigns as the RN Road & TT Race Sec EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 8:27 am

Dear Sir's and Gents of the RNRMCA, ACU, RAFCC and CTT SWDC,

1. Due to a new appointment which will see me return to sea in 18 Oct 10, I will no longer be in a position to continue serving in my current additional post as the RNRMCA Road & Time Trial Race Secretary and therefore have found numerous keen, enthusiastic and experienced personnel to keep up the good work of service cycling and hopefully in the process continue building on the momentum that has been developed over the past 7 successful seasons. The new RNRMCA contacts will be as follows; those in already established posts will remain as they were previously:

a. Time Trial Race Secretary - WO1 Garry Drew HMS RALEIGH (9375 47208)
Promote TT's, RN TT Team Manager, TT Rec Travel Co-ordinator, SWDC Member, Attendance at Fixture Meetings, Co-ordination of the RN 10, 25 & 50 Champs, RN BAR and RN Points Comps, Liaison with the Army CU & RAFCC TT Sec's & SWDC Hon Sec. A member of the RNRMCA Committee.

b. Inter Service 10 & 25 Mile Champs Co-ordinator 2011 - C/Sgt Stuart Edwards HMS RALEIGH (9375 41631)
The 2011 Champs will be hosted by the RNRMCA and organised by Tom Cox of the Northover Vets in his Open weekend event. These Service Champs will be co-ordinated by C/Sgt Edwards who will release a Warning order in early Mar 11. The event will be held in the West District and the proposed HQ is HMS HERON (as it more centrally for all riders inc the Army and RAF than our own SW District). The dates are to be confirmed but they will be approximately late Apr to mid May 11 tbc once all district calendars are confirmed. He will also be our 2nd SWDC Committee Member if required.

c. Results Co-ordinator - WO1 Andy Hunstone HMS RALEIGH (9375 41673)
Co-ordinate and produce results for the RNRMCA Points & BAR, CSBAR and RNRMCA and CSCA Records. Will continue in his main role as the Website Editor as well.

d. RNRMCA Inter Unit 2 Up Team Time Trial Champs (Navy Cup) Organiser 2011 - PO Stewart Cox HMS RALEIGH (9375 41934)
Will be run as per previous additions at RNAS Merryfield and is open to the Army, RAF and associate guests. This will take place at RNAS Merryfield on a Friday around mid to late Mar 11 with request and confirmation to OIC Merryfield.

e. RNRMCA 16 Mile Open 2 Up Team Time Trial Organiser - CPO Charlie Gaskell HMS RALEIGH (9375 41910)
As per 2010, will be run on a Tue night in May 11, with requested dates being forwarded to the Hon Sec and will be open to all riders in affiliated CTT clubs.

f. RNRMCA 16 Mile Individual Open Time Trial Organiser 2011 - Lt Cdr Lee Sanderson HMS RALEIGH (9375 41496)
As per 2010, will be run on either a Tue or Wed night in Jun 11, with requested dates being forwarded to the Hon Sec and will be open to all riders in affiliated CTT clubs.

g. RNRMCA Road Race Secretary - POPT Mark Smith HMS RALEIGH (9375 41094)
Promote RR's, RN RR Team Manager, RR Rec Travel Co-ordinator, RN liaison for the BCF SW Region, Attendance at Fixture Meetings, Liaison with the Army CU & RAFCC RR Sec's & SW Region Sec. A member of the RNRMCA Committee.

h. RNRMCA Road Race Organiser 2011 - WO2 Barry Moss HMS CORNWALL (will update all personnel of ne posting and contact details soon)
Will be run as per previous additions at RNAS Merryfield and is open to the Army, RAF and associate guests. This will take place at RNAS Merryfield on a Friday around early to mid May 11 with request and confirmation to OIC Merryfield.

i. Inter Service Road Race Organiser 2011 - WO2 Barry Moss HMS CORNWALL (will update all personnel of ne posting and contact details soon)
The 2011 Champs will be hosted by the RNRMCA and held at RNAS Merryfield on a Friday in early October with request and confirmation to OIC Merryfield. A warning order is to be released in Jun 11 calling for entries.

2. There are still a few outstanding areas that I would like to tie up before I move on. They include:

a. Release the Rec Travel Sports Signal for the National 12hr Champs - action for me
b. The date and venue for the 2010 Inter Service Road Race Champs which is being hosted by the Army CU - action for Capt Clarke ACU.
c. Confirm results of the Army CU and RAFCC riders for the 2010 CSBAR - Action Sgt Cannon and S/Sgt Jones
d. Confirm return of the CSBAR Individual and Team Trophy held by the RAFCC and Sgt Surtees by 1 Jan 11 to WO1 Hunstone @ RALEIGH - Action Sgt Cannon

3. It just leaves me to say, thank you to all for your support and assistance throughout my last 7 years in post. Although I have retired early from competition this season due to family priorities, next season will be my actual first time that I have not been actively involved in endurance sports since 1995 so it is going to be strange to say the least. As for 2012, well that's another story and hopefully one where I will see you all albeit fitter, fresher and stronger.

Regards

Sean Childs
CPOPT
Outgoing RNRMCA Road & TT Race Sec.
Back to top Go down

Sean Childs handing over the reigns as the RN Road & TT Race Sec
Page 1 of 1